In his book, “Organizational Physics: The Science of Growing a Business,” author Lex Sisney explains how the laws of physics help emerging businesses achieve new levels of success.
He asserts that because physics is the science of matter and energy, and managers use principles and methods to lead organizations, then “Organizational Physics” offers a way to translate the energy of people into successful results for your business.
Applying the Laws of Physics at Commission Junction
He applied organizational physics to grow Commission Junction from a two-person company to the de facto leader in affiliate marketing. In doing so, he discovered how important it is to understand how teams and systems really work, as opposed to how we think they work.
Foundation – The Two Laws of Thermodynamics:
- Energy is Finite
Every system at any point in time has a finite amount of energy
Stuff is always falling apart; over time, things eventually disintegrate.
Here are the six fundamental laws to growing a business followed by how B2B CFO® methods address each of them:
- Organizations are Adaptive Systems – We say an emerging business must adapt or die.
- Organizations are Subject to the First Law of Thermodynamics – Every employee, team, manager and company has a finite amount of energy, and our systems are designed to maximize your company’s energy.
- Organizations are Also Subject to the Second Law of Thermodynamics – The more energy you expend doing the wrong things, the less you have to work on the right things.
- Organizations Respond to Their Environment as a Whole – This is a basic principle at B2B CFO®. All systems and methods are designed to work on the entire business, not just small segments. We believe in a holistic approach to business development.
- Organizations Are Subject to Environmental Conditions – As business advisers, we are constantly evaluating all internal and external factors to guide you in making the right moves at the right times.
- Organizations Are Subject to the Laws of Motion – Our experience and objectivity are our greatest resources. You know that a body at rest remains at rest until you provide an external force to get it moving in the right direction.
B2B CFO® Partner as “Your External Force”
Please contact us to learn how we can help you apply these laws of physics and other business principles to grow your emerging business. Business is based on properly executing the fundamentals, day in and day out.
Every B2B CFO® professional has a minimum of 20 years of experience in the real world of small- to medium-sized business. We are not retired executives tinkering in the business world. We are not educators or academics. We are business-savvy and understand what it means to fight in the trenches, yet we have the skills and tools to view your business at a strategic level.
B2B CFO® Partners understand the complexities of emerging businesses and have the tools and experience to help you chart a course for long-term success.