Family owned businesses have unique characteristics, particularly in the areas of culture, ownership and succession. The slides presenting PwC’s recent US Family Business Survey contained in the 2/4/2015 FEI Private Company Roundtable webcast do indeed provide some interesting insights about family owned businesses.
52% of owners do not plan on passing the business on to the next generation to run
These interesting insights include:
- 73% of surveyed businesses do not have a documented succession plan in place for senior roles
- Family businesses are experiencing ‘Sticky Baton Syndrome’, where the older generation is reluctant to hand over full control to the younger generation.
… Read more >
Planning for and Managing Second Decade Business Growth
As the owners or senior managers of an emerging business, you worked hard to:
- Attract dedicated and loyal people who did whatever was necessary to help the company grow
- Solidify your products and services to create a loyal customer base
- Create the organizational structure systems to support the growth
Now comes the hard part, and it’s a bit like raising teenagers.… Read more >
The 24th annual Idaho Business and Technology Expo will be held on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Boise Hotel and Conference Center in Boise, Idaho. The Expo will kick off at 9:00 am with a presentation by Boise Mayor Dave Bieter followed by a presentation by Ned Pontious, President of Norco, a very successful business in the Pacific Northwest.… Read more >